We are very excited to roll out a new update to our online giving!
Don’t worry. It will be an easy transition, the new way you’ll give will be much improved over the current method, and I’m here to walk you step-by-step through the entire process and am available for any questions you might have.
If at any time you have ANY questions, simply e-mail us at .
We’re here to help!
Why are we making this change?
As we have transitioned our online systems from MyResonance (CCB) and Planning Center Online, giving is one of the final steps. One major reason to transition is that the fees are MUCH lower, which means more of what you give goes straight to Resonance.
As an example, for a $300 gift, here are the fees we are charged:
- PushPay/MyResonance Card (2.9% + $0.30): $9.00
- PushPay/MyResonance ACH (1.0% + $0.00): $3.00
- Planning Center Card (2.3% + $0.30): $7.20
- Planning Center ACH (0.0% + $0.25): $0.25 (WOW!)
As you can see, giving via ACH on our new platform is a HUGE savings! If you were giving $300 with your debit card previously and switch to ACH on Planning Center, an additional $8.75 will go straight to work at Resonance!
How do I switch to the new system?
Here’s the important part. There are a few simple steps, and I’m here to walk you through each one. If necessary, I can even meet with you in person on a Sunday to help you make the transition. Simply e-mail me, and I’d be happy to meet with you.
Step 1: Cancel your current recurring gift on MyResonance/PushPay
[If you are not a recurring giver, skip to step 2]
- To cancel your current recurring gift, login to your account at www.pushpay.com.
- In the second section down (on your mobile device) or the top right corner (on a computer), you will see your recurring gift. Click on “EDIT.”
- Near the top of that gift, you will see a red “CANCEL” button. Click that button and confirm on the next screen to cancel your recurring gift.
- Once you have canceled your recurring gift, there should be no other visible recurring gifts in that section.
If you are unsure if your recurring gift has been canceled, please e-mail us, and we will confirm it for you. If you are unable to cancel your gift for any reason, please e-mail us, and we will cancel it for you.
Step 2: Download the Church Center App for the BEST, FASTEST AND EASIEST giving (and MORE!)
We’re giving you early access to our new Church Center App! This app is the best and easiest way to give, register for events, manage your contact info, sign-up for Groups, and pre-check-in your kids BEFORE you get to church on Sunday (coming soon!).
- Download and install the Church Center App
- Once installed, open the app and click on the Resonance Church logo (or search if you don’t see it)
- Enter your cell phone number
- Enter the six-digit code they text you to verify your identity (no passwords to remember!)
If you choose not to download the Church Center App, although it is highly recommended, you can still complete these same steps online at resonance.churchcenter.com/giving
Step 3: Update your profile
Once in the Church Center App, click on the icon in the upper right corner to update your profile. This information is only accessible to our staff and leaders.
Step 4: Setup your new recurring (or one-time) gift
- In the Church Center App, click the Give link and choose an amount for your recurring gift
- On the next screen, choose your frequency (weekly, monthly, etc.)
- Click “Add bank account” to add your account info (this is NEVER stored by Resonance and is a fully encrypted and secure process)
- If your bank is available under “instant verification,” you’ll be able to sign-in with your online banking info and choose the account you’d like to use
- If you must use manual verification (some smaller local banks), you will enter your routing/account numbers, and they’ll make two test deposits for you to verify your account
- Whichever process you use, you will only have to do this ONCE
- Complete your gift. When you give again, it will only take 5 seconds in the app! You can also update your gift info and view historical gifts right in the app under your profile page (top right icon).
We recommend ACH bank account gifts due to the lower fees (see above) and the fact that you only need to setup your account information once, whether you’re doing a one-time or repeating gift.
That it! Again, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’d be happy to help you or have our Executive Pastor, Josh Young, meet with you on a Sunday to complete the transition.
Thank you again for your generosity at Resonance! We couldn’t accomplish all God is doing without your generous contributions!